<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
Sorry, Alex. I wasn't dissing or trying to devalue your service. I was just trying to point out to Matt that it can be done and that it is a known science; not something you simply made up out of thin air. I re-read my post and it seemed critical, I guess. My apologies. Wasn't meant that way.

Grain reduction is a good thing to have, regardless of how you are doing it. I just was curious what you were using to do it on tape after the fact. I've always employed some amount of grain reduction in my Rank transfers, but not afterward.

Roger
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't take anything negative (is that a pun) out of your previous post.

We all tend to want to be hands on...that's one of the advantages of Super-8, you can control more because it's a bit easier to have a slew of cameras that each have different capabilites.

So the next logical step is to want to know how someone is doing something.

Once a technician who worked for the company who's product I was using didn't believe I was getting such a good result,

Once someone like that is skeptical without seeing anything, I decided having a concept rejected makes no sense if I am willing to do a sample for free (except for shipping and tape stock).

I'd rather someone just look at two images, the original, and than the one I adapt, and just see what they think.

I primarily edit for a living, but I own the gear that I make my living from, so I get to play and experiment....and problem solving on low budget projects can sometimes take the most creativity to fix a problem or flaw from the original footage.

By the way, when I put quotations around "older" I did not mean that in a derogatory manner...I like "older" because it usually refers to machines you can adjust with knobs or buttons!

-Alex

------------------


[This message has been edited by Alex (edited September 03, 2001).]